Save-A-Lot is the nation’s leading hard discount grocery chain with over 1,300 stores across the U.S. and Caribbean. Approximately 70% of these locations are owned and operated by individuals or corporate entities under Save-A-Lot’s licensed retailer program.
Their business model is designed to help retailers succeed and compete effectively in the grocery industry. They combine the expertise of the nation’s second largest grocery chain under a single banner with the unique talents of licensed operators. Save-A-Lot is focused on driving down costs to give their independently owned retailers a competitive edge.
- Smaller, Efficient Stores: The average Save-A-Lot store is 15,000 square feet – much smaller than a traditional grocery store. This reduces startup costs, inventory, occupancy and other operating costs.
- Hard Discount: Save-A-Lot carries the food items shoppers buy most often. By offering a carefully selected assortment of approximately 2,000 grocery items, they create unparalleled efficiencies throughout the supply chain, enabling their retailers to offer customers the lowest prices possible.
- Save-A-Lot Exclusive Brands: Over 70% of their store is devoted to their own exclusive high quality brands. These trademarked brands offer substantial savings because they don’t carry the costly advertising expenses built into national brands.
- Buying Power: Their large network of stores and the consolidation of entire categories into single items give Save-A-Lot incredible buying power.
- Handling Efficiencies: Products ordered from one of their 16 dedicated distribution centers are shipped and merchandised in custom cartons that make stocking much more efficient, cutting labor costs and streamlining operations.
Save-A-Lots are not franchised. Their retailers operate under license agreements and adhere to company operating standards, building design, equipment criteria and merchandising concepts. This helps ensure consistency and success across their network of licensed and corporate stores. They provide ongoing services such as training, retail accounting, advertising and operations consultation. Our goal is to help you succeed.
Save-A-Lot welcomes the opportunity to further discuss their unique business opportunity regarding owning and operating a Save-A-Lot food store. To learn more, please fill out the form here: http://www.franchiseclique.com/franchise/Save-A-Lot-Food-Stores.